Homemade Face Wash
I hate to admit it, but I used to shell out so much money for my face routine, spending ~$65 every three months on a 3 step process. I thought I was doing wonders for my skin by cleansing, exfoliating, and moisturizing. Never did I think Homemade Face Wash would be inexpensive, and beneficial.
It added up fast. Not only was I spending ~$300 a year on face routine, I really didn’t know if it was working.
Nowadays, it feels like most skin care products you find in the store are either loaded with harmful chemicals, are way too pricey, or both!
Homemaking your skincare products can solve both these problems. You know exactly what you’re putting on your skin and can easily find the ingredients. It’s an amazing feeling when you make your own products.
How about starting with a skincare product you put on your face at least twice a day, homemade face wash! Because of how much you use it, it’s best to make sure you’re not putting harmful chemicals on your skin so often.
It sounds crazy looking back now. I thought I was doing the best I could for my skin. Having sensitive made me scared to try new products. That was until I figured out a secret, I could make my own, and know exactly what was in it. And the best part is, I spend roughly $2 a month to make this three-ingredient face wash. Each one of the three ingredients has fantastic benefits for your skin and face.
5 Castile Soap Benefits
Castile soap gets it cleansing power from plant-based oils, meaning you not only get a deep clean, but you also get to benefits from all the healthy nutrients found within.
- Gently cleanses without the toxins. Almost all soaps use harmful sulfates to get that lather we’re all used to, but castile soap lathers naturally. Most soap is nothing more than active drying agents. Castile soap protects and cleanses because of oleuropein, a compound with potent antibacterial effects.
- Safe for sensitive skin. Since castile soap is made from pure and safe plant oils, it is considered safe for even the most sensitive skin types.
- It can help oily, acne-prone skin. The natural oils found in castile soap penetrate pores with their antibacterial agents. This helps clean your skin without drying it out.
- Natural hydration. Castile soap naturally has glycerin in it. It helps absorb water from the air and works in moisture to your skin.
- Radical protection. Olive oil is high in antioxidants such as vitamins A and E. Regularly using castile soap can help protect against skin cell degeneration. This means it can delay the appearance of wrinkles and accelerated aging.
Is it Good to Apply Honey on your Face?
Using Honey for skin care is always a good idea. When mixed with natural ingredients, it can be an effective and inexpensive beauty treatment. By applying honey regularly to your skin, it can give you results beyond your imagination.
- Moisturises the skin deeply. Honey contains enzymes that enable it to be easily absorbed into the skin while softening and conditioning from deep within.
- Acts as a Pore Cleanser. Contains antioxidants with antiseptic and antibacterial properties. It helps to rid the skin of blackheads by removing dirt from pores. It then hydrates and tightens skin pores for a clear complexion.
- Gentle Exfoliator. Naturally exfoliates your face & skin by gently removing dead skin cells. This will leave your face with a brighter complexion.
- Fights Acne & Pimples. Honey includes antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that aid in the removal of excess oil from the surface of the skin. It also clears out any blockages or clogged pores.
- Hydrates the skin. Applying Honey to the face is the best way to keep your skin fresh, supple, and hydrated at all times.
Benefits of Avocado Oil for Face
Avocado Oil had anti-inflammatory and antioxidant agents that help your skin stay elastic, strong, and smooth.
- Moisturizes and nourishes. Avocado oil contains vitamin E, potassium, lecithin, and many other nutrients that nourish and moisturize your skin.
- Relieves inflammation from psoriasis and eczema. The vitamins and antioxidants help to heal irritated, dry, and flaky skin associated with eczema and psoriasis.
- Prevents and treats acne. When putting on and rinsing off right away with warm water, avocado can help keep the skin hydrated without leaving any oily residue. This will reduce ance. Avocado oil also has anti-inflammatory properties, which will help reduce inflammation and redness associated with acne.
The Recipe for Homemade Fash Wash
*This post contains affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click and make a purchase.
The ingredients for Homemade Face Wash:
- 1/2 Cup Carrier Oil (Avocado Oil, Hempseed Oil, Grapeseed Oil)
- 3 Tbsp Raw Honey
- 2 Tbsp Castile Soap
Step 1: Measure out, and combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. The carrier oil is your choice. I have used Extra virgin olive oil, avocado oil, almond oil, grape seed oil, and hemp seed oil. I find I actually like the avocado oil the best, but it all depends on your skin type, so I would recommend trying them to see what works best for you.
Step 2: Mix up ingredients in a bowl until they are fully combined. I like to add to a measuring cup to make it easier to pour into the bottle.
Step 3: Pour into a bottle.
DIY Facial Cleanser
- 1/2 Cup Carrier Oil (Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Avocado Oil, Grapeseed OIl, or Hempseed Oil work great)
- 3 Tbsp Raw Honey
- 2 Tbsp Castile Soap
- Measure our, and combine all ingredients.
- Mix together until they are fully combined
- Transfer into bottle of choice.
Sign up and subscribe to get my FREE DIY All Natural Skin Care Recipe eBook. Most popular recipes all in one book BONUS recipe I have never released on my site Get it today and start your at home all natural skincare journey today At my...read more
Sign up and subscribe to get my FREE DIY All Natural Skin Care Recipe eBook. Most popular recipes all in one book BONUS recipe I have never released on my site Get it today and start your at home all natural skincare journey today Why...read more
Sign up and subscribe to get my FREE DIY All Natural Skin Care Recipe eBook. Most popular recipes all in one book BONUS recipe I have never released on my site Get it today and start your at home all natural skincare journey today Homemade...read more
Since I was younger, store-bought deodorants have always irritated me. I have sensitive skin, and I have had to figure out what works best for me. Finding out about the many uses of coconut oil changed my life. I embarked on a journey that started with homemade...read more
Harmful ingredients are hiding in your everyday cosmetic and beauty care products, and that’s a fact! When it comes to your skin, you want to take care of it the best you can. Because what you use on it today will affect your health for tomorrow. ...read more
Until I started my journey of changing over to the world of all natural skin care, I had no clue why I picked what I did for my skin. Thinking about it, it was probably the way it smelled, looked and how my skin absorbed it. I wanted it to go on quick and not greasy...read more